Careers » Job Details
Embedded Software Engineer
Role – Embedded Software Engineer
Key word – Cybersecurity, product Security, Medical devices, ISO 13485, ISO14971, FDA
· Post market responsibilities for JJSV’s marketed devices include monitoring for new vulnerabilities, assisting with patching and remediation plans.
· Update Product Security’s data repository for JJSV’s portfolio of devices.
· Support JJSV R&D throughout a new product’s development phases, help complete Quality documentation, threat modelling, penetration testing, software architecture review and design recommendations, code analysis and other security testing or deliverables as needed.
· Enforce Product Security governance model for pre and post market JJSV medical devices.
· Create risk remediation plans and assist JJSV engineering team to implement.
· A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in security and/or embedded software engineering functions is required.
· Intimate knowledge of real-time operating system (i.e. QNX, Windows Embedded) hardening techniques is required.
· Knowledge in at least one coding language (i.e. C/C++, C#) with code review experience is required.
· Knowledge of product or medical device security is preferred.
· Experience working with cloud based IoT management solutions is preferred.
· An understanding of Quality Design Control processes and FDA submission process is preferred.
· Ability to provide secure coding recommendations is required.
· Software engineering experience including securely building embedded applications is required.
· Understanding of pen testing, vulnerability scanning, CVSS and/or other general security testing principles with the ability to provide specific recommendations on how to fix resulting vulnerabilities is required.
· Understanding embedded operating system security patching and vulnerability assessment is required.
· Big Picture thinking with attention to detail is required.
· A sense of urgency with the ability to drive to tight timelines is required.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to network, interface and influence at all levels of the organization, cross sector, cross-functionally and globally is required.
· This position can sit in Santa Ana, CA or Milpitas, CA and may require up to 5% travel.